Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list2@towncorp.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:58:07 -0400
I hadn't thought about the swls, but then people who are cheating for an
award aren't doing even themselves any good.  The award and a five dollar
bill will get each of us the same change when we buy coffee at the waffle
house.

Then again, your catching the SWL and others is evidence of what I said
would happen.

If some ham trying to say it was his call in the log, then the holder of the
log will soon find out that he wasn't the real contact.  Then that ham gets
plastered all over the internet as a fraud and he gets disqualified for the
awards he seeks.  It becomes counter-productive.

I never understood the reasoning for stealing awards and points.  I know
several people around here who swap DX QSL cards with one another to get
contacts with countries they don't work, or they work someone with a
friend's call so he can get the card.  I don't understand the logic.  When
they are old and talking to their grandkids and one asks, 'what is the best
thing you did in ham radio?"  What are they going to say?  I earned an award
by cheating?  No, it becomes worthless.  Their respect is worthless, too.

It makes no sense to me.

Thanks and 73
N4PGW