Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating Methods or Equipment?

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating Methods or Equipment?
From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list2@towncorp.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 02:58:29 -0400

LOL!  The term "Cliff dweller" is used to refer to hams in covenant
restricted neighborhoods, condos, apartments, or anywhere they are unable to
erect a reasonable, full sized antenna.  These are definitely not the people
who live 7000 feet up a mountain with lots of room for antennas.

Many of the big-guns won't participate.  Some may not even have wire
antennas for all bands.  I have a good dx chasing friend who had two
antennas.  One 160 meter inverted V and a 6 element triband beam.  He lives
up on a hill and his short tower puts his beam approximately 600 feet above
mine when it is in top of the 100 ft plus trees here.  He is barely two
miles away.

I like your idea for the mini-contest.  There would be no need to await the
sunspot cycles. 40 meters would work.

Hope to see you on the air.

73 for now,
N4PGW