Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu FTDX9000D review

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu FTDX9000D review
From: Steve Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:05:49 -0400
Kenneth E. Harker wrote:

>I also find it interesting that even though this single feature accounts for
>11 of the
>37 words in the "Bottom Line" summary of the rig in the QST review (and
>how cool is it that a contester-specific feature is so highly recognized in
>product reviews,) it was a feature that none of the four reviewers actually
>tried to use.

i think any serious DX'r might be interested in this as well.  while
fiddling around with the second VFO using dual watch is nice, if i see a
packet spot on 20m, i can park on "radio" on that freq keeping tabs on
the pile up while i look around on 17 or 15m. i have to have both VFOs
on tha same band with dual watch if i want any kind of selectivity or
sensitivity.

that they didn't try it seems odd.  why else would you buy such a
radio?  i guess those of us that make civil servant salaries are too
practical ;)

-Steve, WM3O