[CQ-Contest] Contesters on CW (was: FCC on CW)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesters on CW (was: FCC on CW)
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:27:09 -0000
How about this...  If the fcc drops the cw requirement I think contesting
will be one of the few reasons for anyone to bother to learn cw.  Its not
like many hams build their own very simple cw radios today so have to learn
it to get on the air at all.  Nor can it be said to get through when nothing
else can with the very weak signal digital modes available.  So how can
contesters help keep this mode alive?  Or should we keep it alive?  Is it
time to drop cw contesting in favor of more digital modes?

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net