Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:55:00 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/05 9:58:38 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
dx35@hilding.com writes:
Certainly, we have to admire and respect those like N6TJ, K5TR, W2SC,
et.al. who can still do the full 48 hours and remain alive after the event
to prove that it *can* be done.  I guess it really boils down to choices &
priorities, but I'll still vote for a "Cruiser Class" addition to the ARRL
DX Contest.
It's been a couple of years since I've done a full 48, but if we have no
visits from any hurricanes this year, I intend to do CQWWSSB for a full 48 at
the
age of 59.  If I can't do 48 anymore, I'll do as many as I can and not bitch
about my physical limitations.  To run with the big dogs, you have to be a big
dog.  If you're not a greyhound...tough!

Bill K4XS