Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Contest Complaining

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Contest Complaining
From: "Alexander Teimurazov" <at@at-communication.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:39:52 +0400
       GREAT ED
 I agree on everything
        73                    Al 4L5A/D4B

> I can speak for myself, and I am sure many others, in saying that
complaints of receiving no certificates after 3 or more years from a contest
have been sent directly to the CQ Contest Organizers.  If you get any
response at all, its the "give us a break we are all voulteers" response.

> This forum here is becoming an escape valve for many frustrated people who
may very well have already expressed their concerns through other channels
to no "known" improvement.

> I for one would like to see a proposal from CQ Mag to pay the people who
do the contest.  Ask for donations via paypal, consider finding a few
corporate sponsors to the results page on the web,  or whatever but "do
something!".  I would also like to hear from the some of the advertisers of
CQ to for once and for all clarify to the contest community whether or not
the "miniscule couple of percent" of the readership of both CQ and QST is
really unimportant to the overall business strategy of advertising.