Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC Contesting
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:16:56 -0400 (EDT)
Mike, KB3EIA said:  "I believe that it is in contesters and Amateur radio's
general best
interest that we allow some "contest free zones". Just a matter of
trying to get along with our neighbors."

Mike, I agree with you....it would be nice to get some credit for it in the
general "I hate contesters..." dialog that goes on.  The WARC idea might be
nice, if for no other reason, for the non-contesters to appreciate it when we
stop doing it regularly.  Right now, there is perception on their part (in my
opinion) that we have provided for ANYTHING by excluding WARC bands.  Somehow
it has become their god given right.

Ed  N1UR