Re: [CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CH. 20

To: 'Jim Neiger' <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>,"'CQ-Contest@contesting. com'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CH. 20
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:30:24 -0600
How about a replay of the past 19 secrets?

Doug

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CH. 20

        TOP TEN REASONS WHY SOME CHANGE THEIR CONTESTING
CATEGORY AFTER
THEIR LOG IS  SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON 3830

10.   I saw that my score in the new category would be No.
1.

 9.    I knew I could get away with it.

 8.   Special friends deserve special favors.

 7.   I knew the contest committee doesn't like to DQ
anyone, so why not
take a chance?

 6.   I was a WRTC competitor and everyone must know that
I'm an amazing
operator and as pure as the arctic snow.

 5.   I was really a multi-operator but Assisted sounded
plausible, too.

 4.   The Emperor of the contest threatened to change it for
me if I didn't
send in a new log.

 3.   No one really cares if people cheat.

 2.   My original posting of World No. 1 SO/AB was
attracting too much
attention because my multiplier was
       higher than the five-man Multi-2 in my
country.........and they had
packet!!

And the No. 1 Reason why categories are sometimes

1.   When submitting my score on 3830 I hit the wrong key on
the computer.

Vy 73,

Jim Neiger    N6TJ