Re: [CQ-Contest] Life in the World of Packet

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, "Doug Grant" <k1dg@ix.netcom.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Life in the World of Packet
From: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:17:00 -0500
Hi Mal:

Consider:

>I am at a loss, but not for words. I was S&P and came across ES5E CQing. I
> had asked him to repeat his call because I wanted to be sure I had all the
> dits in the right places. I worked him at 0700Z on 7021. I, after this
> discussion started, queried the cluster and there were no spots for him or
> EE5E anywhere near that frequency and none within hours of that time.

Really ?  From DX Summit, pretty much the same frequency and within an hour
later, if it's
Saturday you're referring to:

RW4PL      7020.5 EE5E        . . ..... . :-))              0737 17 Feb 2007
K7UA       7020.9 EE5E        strong                        0805 17 Feb 2007

There were over 100 EE5E spots on DX Summit, and exactly one ES5E spot,
hours away from the time of your QSO.

NE3H       7007.4 ES5E                                      0214 17 Feb 2007

Also, from ES5TV:

73
Tonno
ES5TV

"p.s. the only ES5 active in ARRL DX was ES5RR from my station, no ES5E call
assigned yet:)))"

Then we go to the Estonian callbook online at

http://www.estpak.ee/~andrew/ham/es_callbook.htm

No ES5E

> The bottom line to all those words is I'm sticking to ES5E until otherwise
> proven wrong !

Stu        KC1F