Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 Hours and The Future

To: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@wanadoo.fr>, <cq-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 Hours and The Future
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:42:20 -0600
IMHO, encouraging the current casual group of contesters to stay on for a
full 12 or 24 hours in order to have a chance for a competitive prize rather
than a personal mental goal will result in more activity, not less.

Personally, I wouldn't enter a 48 hour contest as a SOAB on a bet, nor would
I have done so 20 years ago, either.  But a 12 or 24 hour effort sounds very
intriguing, especially since I could, for example, enter from noon Saturday
till noon Sunday, in the case of a 24 hour entry, or from 7PM  Saturday till
7AM Sunday, in the case of a 12 hour entry.

There is all sorts of room here for strategic thinking, which would cause
more activity, especially on the 2nd night.  Just when to start the 12 or 24
hour period becomes crucial.

My .02 worth.

73, Rusty, na5tr