Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: dx35@hilding.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:37:47 EDT

In a message dated 3/26/2007 7:28:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dx35@hilding.com writes:

Some  remote control software options I've evaluated reside on the HOST
(remote  station QTH), and some on the CLIENT (operator point QTH) end.

I think we shall soon find out. the new Ten Tec Omni VII has  an internet
plug in the back and is supposed to be operable from a remote  station, so the
computer will be here and the rig there.

It could be an answer for HOA restricted folks to buy a plot  on top of a
hill and run a remote station,, with the radio and antennas there,  and all the
control here. I don't understand the legal ramifications of it, but  it could
be a great way for a club to let folks run a HF station if they can't  put one
at their residence.

How about a Multi- multi-multi- set up remotely at W6YX with a  couple of
those rigs and most any one could contest on their really good  antennas. You
could have the Ultimate HMO setup...

any how it does leave one to ponder the possibilities..., do  we want to all
chip in and buy a remote station for the club and put it in  Aruba. the
control point would be with in the 175 mile circle...   hmmmmm   it could
present
possibilities.

just thinking out loud. YMMV

tom N6AJR