Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero Beating

To: "'Mike Fatchett W0MU'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero Beating
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:41:36 -0000
Yes, I noticed this as well. I had a couple guys call me over 200Hz off my
freq and it was a miracle I got them at all. I was using the RIT to sweep
the area looking for anyone not right on my freq but never thought to go
that far out of my passband most of the time. I have a 400Hz filter and
squeeze the DSP filters shut to eliminate the noise and QRM. I only got them
because they were stronger than everyone else.

I also noticed that most Europeans that called were higher in freq while
most NA stations were lower. Not sure what that indicates.

73 -- Paul VO1HE