Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rigs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rigs
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:58:46 +0100
The answer is not straight forward because the radios are totally different.
I'd use the ProIII for SSB and RTTY, and 775DSP for CW. You can contact me
off list for eventual details.  BTW I have no clue on the likely IC-775DSP
key-clicks issue. I used to have a neighbour some 500 ft from me. With an
IC-781 he could easily park 10-20 kc from my freq and keep a run without any
complaints on the key clicks. Instead, all the time he reffered to a totally
perfect CW shape.

73,
Vladimir VE3IAE

---

> Any informed opinions on the IC-756PRO III vs IC-775DSP as far as
contesting is concerned. Which is better?