Re: [CQ-Contest] A call to action

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A call to action
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 08:05:33 -0700
Hi Bill et al

The participation in the last few RTTY contests has increased dramatically.
I have worked a whole bunch of new 2 x 3 callsigns that have never been on
before.  This seems to say that the some of the newcomers are definately
getting interested in contesting, specially in the digital modes.   It is
encouraging to see all this new blood joining in on the fun.

I don't know much about the SSB contests as I don't do those very often, but
if the new RTTY op's get into CW, that will be a very good thing.  73
Tom W7WHY