[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB - 2007 re-starter;

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB - 2007 re-starter;
From: David Burger <DBurger@energy.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:42:36 +1000
Hi,
Just a quick heads up about my recent attempt at the VK 40m SSB record
back in Oct'06....

As Maxwell Smart says.. missed it by that much !

VK Record
Score - 208,748
Qso's - 782
Zones - 29
Countries - 63

My 'near miss' attempt in 2006.
Score - 188,461
Qso's - 733
Zones - 34
Countries - 75

Will get onto booking my trip shortly (again)..  Anyway, I think it is OK
given I only effectively use a 'field day' type station anyway.. plus I
stuffed up day 1 of the contest - 'How was I to know how good a 5 element
full size beam on 40m played out'....   Many stations got 'dinged'
thinking I was VK9AA :-{
web report located here -->  http://www.qsl.net/vk2mb/vk8aa.html

Cheers,
VK2CZ (operating as VK8AA )

David Burger

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail
and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your
business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More
information about how we handle your personal information, including your right
of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.