Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:37:45 -0400
On Mar 26, 2007, at 11:37 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> Remoting the control head is probably not the issue.  However,
> there is a greater point as to what constitutes the transmitter
> or receiver.  A line will have to be drawn and it is better to
> draw it now that quibble over the number of stages, what stages
> or what part of the DSP process are required for a transmitter
> at some future date.

Seems to me that as long as all the signal origination (transmitter)
and signal capture (receiver) points reside in a single 500m circle,
there's really no issue here. The results would be no different than
if someone had a physical transmitter and receiver(s) at the location.

The key behavior we're looking to prevent is the use of multiple
receiving and transmitting sites. That seems to be adequately
addressed by the current rules.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901