[CQ-Contest] Listen to VHF Contesting at its best - K8GP June 2007

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Listen to VHF Contesting at its best - K8GP June 2007
From: "Grid Pirates Contest Group" <k8gp2007@k8gp.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:14:15 -0400
Good Day All,
  Some of you may remember my CQ WW SSB 2001 contesting article from
the station of Frank W3LPL:

http://www.k1ra.us/?page_id=4

where I recorded the 10m band station audio for the entire contest
weekend and posted for all to hear through noted highlights and a
time, call sign, prefix and zone search engine.

To celebrate K8GP's 10 years of VHF contesting atop Spruce Knob, WV
(FM08fq) 4,863', I set up MP3 recorders on all the bands - 50 MHz to
10 GHz.  Thankfully most all worked, for we experienced and captured
something that we hadn't in 10 years of June VHF contests on SK.  I
have made this years ARRL June 2007 VHF contest audio available
through similar station highlights and an online search engine.
Please visit the contest weekend recap article here:

http://www.k8gp.net/?page_id=87

and follow links at the bottom of the page to subsequent picture,
video, audio and analysis pages.  Thought VHF, UHF and microwaves were
just for working across town?  Think again and experience what can be
worked on bands above 50 MHz !

73 and hope to hear u above 50 MHz in Sept !

andyz - K1RA

K8GP Grid Pirates Contest Group
& Delmarva VHF and Microwave Society

http://k8gp.net/