Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:10:32 -0400
Logisticaly, I see this way:
Every DXpedition will receive donations with paper QSL's, say first six
months after Dxpedition, maximum to one year. Then, they should upload their
Logs ionto LoTW.
The good example is 3Y0X. These fellows received and answered all QSL' s I
guess. Now they sent their Logs to LoTW. This is the way to go.
Brabo, 3Y0X! Bravo, 1A0KM and HV0A!! (Just to mention a few) I personally,
appreciate this very much. Many stations from DX-countries now upoading
their Logs to LoTW on regulary basis.

LoTW is a good thing.

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D (Used to be a big skeptic of LoTW:)
(uploaded all previous DXpeditions and local QSO's to LoTW - HQ4R,
V44/EW1AR, HC1/EW1AR, EW1AR etc etc. total 60000 QSO's; almost 19000 QSL's
received)

2007/8/7, Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net>:

> Hi All
>
> Yes, they do QSL very well.
>
> One thing I have wondered.  I see that BS7H has already uploaded their
> logs.
> One thing that always got a good input of donations for the DX'peditions
> is
> the paper card.  I just wonder how it is going to affect donations to the
> DX'peditions if the contribution is not required for the card (not that it
> was ever 'required' for the card, except for a few).
>
> Even though I havae it confirmed by LOTW, I will still send in the
> donation.
> 73
> Tom W7WHY

73's Andrei