Re: [CQ-Contest] [dx-list] CQ Zone question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [dx-list] CQ Zone question
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:51:42 -0500
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 07:00:26PM -0400, Stuart Santelmann KC1F wrote:
> OK Doug - I'll bite - how did you get the VY0DXA callsign at your SK address
> ?  How does Industry Canada handle this ?  Is it the same as the FCC not
> caring where we live in the US or even its territories ?  If a VY0 shows up
> on the cluster in the next ARRL Sweepstakes and sets off all the alarms,
> could he be in Saskatchewan ?

I noticed that in the 2007 WPX CW contest, the call VE8CDX was
active from station VE3NE.  I only knew this from reading their
3830 score post after the contest. I remember thinking to myself
that they would be VERY popular in SS, until the pileup got all
confused as to what section they were in. But that might be one
way to keep the rate up in Ontario on Sunday. :-)

73

-Kirk  K4RO