[TowerTalk] Tower intervention

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower intervention
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:16:41 EDT
Howdy, all --

    I just attended the Pacific NW DX Convention this  past weekend and Joe
Rudi, NK7U, was scheduled to give a talk - along with K7ZSD  and VE7SV - on
building a multi-op station. Joe was sick in bed and Ward, N0AX,  an op at
Joe's,
filled in. It was very interesting to see the differences in  philosophy and
execution in each of these stations.

    The most interesting thing I found out was that  Joe's family had a tower
intervention on him. As you know, Joe rode a tower down  not too long ago and
got pretty banged up in the process. Thank  goodness he came out okay. His
family told him his climbing days are over  but he can put up crank-ups. So
that's the reason he'll be building his fourth  station in Baker City and only
using crank-up towers.

    For Sale in Baker City, OR: 6 or so  towered competitive multi-op station
and lovely house with amazing view.  Less than a million bucks!!!!!!

    I guess the moral of the story is to be safe or  lose your erection. Wise
words.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC