[CQ-Contest] QRO or Commander

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRO or Commander
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:29:28 -0700 (PDT)
I went through the exact same scenario last year about this time...  Discovered
at that time I could only get on a waiting list at Commander with estimated
delivery of  May 07, and that QRO was shutting down for the season and not
taking new orders until until the following spring 07..
  I am an old, grizzled ham, not a star eyed newcomer... I already have amps, I
have built amps, and consider myself knowledgeable... Anyway, from that point I
went to calling all amp manufacturers, USA, Germany, England, Australia, Japan,
etc...  I also looked at the high end stuff... None of it met my criteria of
'bang for the buck' and delivery times...  On a lark I finally called Ten
Tec...  They had  a Titan III on the build bench that was not spoken for and
would be finished with assembly and burn in, in 4 days...  I purchased this
amp, sight unseen, it was tested and delivered as promised.. I now have a year
of use with it... Since getting it the other amps have been turned on less and
less...
  Bottom line, this is a fine amplifier that works as advertised...
Recommended by me...

  denny / k8do