Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's

To: Dennis McAlpine <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>,Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net>, 'Tom Osborne' <w7why@verizon.net>,'CQ-Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:58:35 -0600
But what you are referring to Randy, costs them more than what they imagine, by
missing one caller, it very well could be the only mult that can/does/will hear
them - and now because he didn't get an answer, is too busy making Qs to go
back and try them again. In fact, sometimes that call is written down on a scap
pad, to indicate that if heard CQing not to waste time trying him again.  Might
be a whole lot more costly than considered.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:12:45 -0400> From: dbmcalpine@earthlink.net> To:
k5zd@charter.net; w7why@verizon.net; cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's> > Good point, Randy. I heard (and called) a
number of guys calling CQ with no response other than a repeat CQ. I even heard
loud stations call them with no response. Obviously, they were on the other
radio and just never shut off the CQ machine. This is a prime example of how
not to operate SO2R. BTW, I do not operate SO2R because I only have one
antenna, a Butternut vertical.> > Come on guys, if u are gonna walk like a SO2R
and talk like a SO2R, learn how to operate SO2R.> > 73,> > Dennis, K2SX> >