[CQ-Contest] Topic for Nov-Dec NCJ -Scrounging,Scheming and Stockpiling

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Topic for Nov-Dec NCJ -Scrounging,Scheming and Stockpiling
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:42:43 EDT

Here is the "Contesting on a Budget" topic for Nov-Dec NCJ:  Scrounging,
Scheming and Stockpiling â  keeping that old piece of gear on the air.  Many
of us
have an older amplifier, transceiver, rotor, or accessory  that we just hate
to part with.  What steps do you take to keep it working?  What types of spare
parts to you  stockpile?  How do you inspect  and/or test your gear to head
off problems before they occur.  Tell us about you most cherished  treasure and
what you do to keep it going!
I will be on a trip to Montreal this next week, and I may not be  able to
respond to your inputs immediately.  Please try to get them to me  by Monday,
Sept 24th, and I'll try to get as much done from there as much  as possible.
Thanks in advance!
73,  Paul, K5AF