[CQ-Contest] CWSS and DST with N3FJP Software

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CWSS and DST with N3FJP Software
From: Tim Goeppinger <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:36:38 +0000
Even with Windows patches installed, N3FJP users need to take note.

I ran into problems last year during CQWW Phone when the time change happened.
Thankfully
I caught the "wrinkle in time" before I submitted my log.

If you use N3FJP, and want to work through the DST to Standard time change (2AM
local?),
you must stop at that hour, close the program, enter the new delta from UTC and
proceed on.

Or, when you wake up in the morning, start the program fresh with the new UTC
delta.

Even with this 30 second interruption, I think the N3FJP program really shines
for Sweepstakes.

Tim K6GEP