Re: [CQ-Contest] say it ain't so!

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] say it ain't so!
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
--- Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys, this is just one person's prediction. The other predictions for the
> upcoming solar cycle are all over the map.

About a month ago, I was chatting with someone who works in the "space weather"
division of NOAA in Bolder, CO.  He said there was a major convention and the
audience was essentially split down the middle as to whether the past solar
cycle has ended and the new one has started.  These are scientists who get paid
to study this stuff!

We'll know in about 5.5 years exactly where the bottom was.  By then, it won't
matter 'cause we'll all be working the high bands again.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us