Re: [CQ-Contest] Laptop and Contesting Software

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Laptop and Contesting Software
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:55:20 -0500 (CDT)
I've been looking for a new laptop (well, not necesarily NEW).  It's good
to know the D620 has a serial port.  I looked at some of the refurb
prices at the Dell site but didn't delve heavily into what features it had.

The cheapest one I saw yesterday at the Dell site was about $770.

By the way, we bought an Inspiron at work a few years ago.  I forget the
model but it had a cartridge slot for either a CD drive or floppy drive.
You couldn't use both at once.  It made for a real pain in the tuchis to
try to install an operating system on it on an un-partitioned,
unformatted hard drive.

73, Zack W9SZ