Re: [CQ-Contest] Laptop and Contesting Software

To: "Chet Moore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Laptop and Contesting Software
From: "hank k8dd" <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:38:04 -0400
On 10/26/07, Chet Moore <ChetMoore@cox.net> wrote:

> When I needed laptop a couple of years ago for our dxpedition
> to Gitmo KG4DZ/KG4ZO  I got one from  east coast laptops.
> Try  www.eastcoastlaptops.com they have lots of IBM, Dell, Toshibas at
> good
> prices.  These are machines that come off lease after 2 or 3 years. They
> have the computer servicing contract for a number of big companies.

I got a Dell C610 1GHz laptop from eastcoastlaptops over a year ago.  I
think
their 3 year contract was something like $30 or $0 - great deal .... Had an
initial problem, but they fixed it quickly.
Great logging laptop for DOS or Windows.... as I've heard them called,
a "disposable laptop".   Save the log to a CD, USB stick, and email it to
yourself and if the laptop gets "lost" in customs it's no big deal.
And .... if you get a Dell Latitude - most all of them have one serial port
and
a parallel port.
I've got an Inspiron, but they just don't seem as good as the Latitudes.

73    Hank    K8DD

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.'      -anon