Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN

To: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:00:28 -0500
<snip>

It will be interesting to see if the BPL threat turns out to be peanuts
compared to high-density CFL implementation.

<snip>

Actually this is going to be a non-issue. LED light bulbs are already here (see
superbrightleds.com). The CFL will soon be a thing of the past. It will be a
win - win situation, as the LED bulbs are very efficient, last forever (almost)
and are quiet, both electrically and acoustically.

disclosure: I am employed by Lowe's HIW in the Electrical Department and have
been informed that the next reset of the light bulb isle will include many more
CFLs and some LEDs. So I will benefit both as a Ham and Pecuniary with the
advent of this new technology.

Clint - W5CPT