Re: [CQ-Contest] why non-contesters hate us

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] why non-contesters hate us
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:24:44 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:40:09 -0700, Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Good for you, Doug. I have long thought that we should be "naming names"
>here as a matter of course.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

While I am in agreement generally, please be careful with naming
names. I remember vividly a few years ago a RTTY contest when some lid
spent most of the contest using a fake call sign, telling everybody to
"get off the frequency" and using other rude language. The call sign
he used was one belonging to a top contester, one who would never do
this kind of thing. When the top contester was accused of this and we
found out it was a pirate, we were HIGHLY embarrassed. As far as I
know, the real pirate was never identified.

The suggestion to email the person first is a good one.

73, Bill W6WRT