Re: [CQ-Contest] Best hours to operate SS?

To: kr2q@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best hours to operate SS?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:24:16 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, kr2q@optonline.net wrote:

> OK...last minute request.
>
> I'll be playing SS qrp from NNJ.
>
> What hours of operation would suggest for me from here if I want to max my
> score?
>
> When to start?

2100Z on Saturday UTC

> When to stop?

0300Z on Monday UTC
(Note - I say the two above semi-seriously but partly in jest.  I know you
know these are the start and end times for the contest.)
:-)

> When to sleep?

DON'T!  :-]

Actually, what I do is take a break for sleep when I don't hear anyone
CQing that I haven't worked already, no one is answering my CQ's, and I'm
getting too tired.  That is generaly around 2 to 3 AM on Saturday night.

> Other?

Depends on how serious an effort you want to put in.  I live by myself so
I have to fix meals for myself (sometimes I prepare some things in
advance before the contest starts). I can sort of eat while operating.
I've found that eating a lot of carbs lowers my stamina and I start to
get worn-out. So any snacks I have are usually vegetables or beef jerky or
some such.

> Thanks....
> de Doug KR2Q

The above is just my opinion.  I'm sure others will chip in and you'll get
some useful info!

73, Zack W9SZ