Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number advice

To: Tom Hammond <n0ss@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number advice
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:54:22 -0700
Tom Hammond wrote:

> Well..... maybe not... at least one leading zero is NOT always a waste...
> It's certainly not a waste if you start in the middle of the contest, sending
> "1" and you get repeatedly asked for the 'rest' of the serial number because
> they just flat can't understand that you JUST started and you REALLY
> are sending
> a single-digit serial at that point.... they expect a larger number
> by that time.

I hate to disagree with my good friend Tom, but....

The issue with giving out #1-#9 goes away very quickly...on the 10th QSO !

Receiving a leading zero on a serial number always takes me by surprise. It
gets
me thinking that the leading digit might really be a "1", where I somehow
missed
(or daydreamed) through the leading dit.

73,
Steve, N2IC