Re: [CQ-Contest] Shall we argue how many Angels can dance on thehead of

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Shall we argue how many Angels can dance on thehead of a pin?
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:26:38 -0800
Dave, KA1NCN, wrote:

> Scores will not reflect the "type" of stations competing against each other.I
> hate to burst anyone's contest bubble here, but the reality is that part of
> the "type" of stations thing is so whacked out, it makes me wonder how
> intelligent, sharp people can keep hiding the need for "sweeping changes"
> under the contest carpet.Really, come on now, can anyone honestly say that a
> "station" entering a QRP category with 5 watts to a three stack six element
> yagis on a hill in a rural area with sloping terrain is deserving to be
> considered the same "type" competing "station" as a QRP entrant running 5
> watts to a shortened indoor attic dipole inside a low-rise city apartment
> building next to tall skycrapers all around?Using only HP, LP and QRP output
> power levels to classify "type" of station (category or class of competition)
> without also taking antennas and terrain considerations into account is so
> cave man here in the High-Tech New Millenium.  It really is, and makes about
> as much s
 ense as trying to clone the sun with a burned out 5 watt
lightbulb.Undoubtedly, it's gonna continue with "business as usual" until
Doomsday ... unless enough intelligent, sharp people are willing to do
something about this aberration of contest rules justice.*** End Of Personal
Observations And Soapbox In This Matter ***FWIW & 73...Rick, K6VVA