Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R equipment

To: "Roberts, Will" <will.roberts@pgnmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R equipment
From: "Trent and Lorraine Sampson" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:50:56 +1000
Hi Will,

I am rebuilding my SO2R after a QTH change. I operated M/S in the CQWWSSB using
N1MM and the arrangement you refer to, -minus the DX Doubler. It worked fine
after we sorted out some networking issues. I will be configuring with the DXD
when the S02R setup is going as I feel it’s a little better than the programme
direct however for SSB I would bypass the DXD and just use the sound cards. If
you see my QRZ page (VK4TI)that photo shows the old setup. I used Writelog and
N1MM utilising two sound cards- the original on board card and a SONY VIAO. The
VIAO card has line level input and output and is a great sound card for radio
work.-assume you can get them in the US they come up here at flea markets for
$5.

As part of the reconfiguration I am going to use a mini network and 2 PC's only
because I have them and we plan to operate a few MS/M2/MM ops during 2008 and I
would like all the bugs out of the system rather than 4 hours into the contest
:-)

Regards

Trent VK4TI

 Trent and Lorraine Sampson
| PO Box 1647 | Toowoomba QLD  | 4350| Mobile 0408 497550
Ham Radio Call Sign : VK4TI