Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Contest 30 hours vs 36

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Contest 30 hours vs 36
From: "Edward" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:34:33 -0500
Too many good topics, too little time.

I personally would rather see WPX go to 48 like the other big contests.
When I devote myself to a contest weekend, I like to be IN THE CHAIR,
not staring at the clock.

I do appreciate the 36 hour strategy that WPX requires but to reduce it
further.no, I think it is a mistake.

I question those that think it will help them do better though.  If I am
forced to drop 6 hours from my 36, it is only going to increase my point
average as I will drop the time that is more USA Qs.  So unless you are
matching EU totals with many of the top 10 stations, dropping to 30
hours will make it EVEN HARDER to be competitive from some parts of the
USA.  TO be honest, I think that what WOULD make WPX the perfect contest
is have it 48 hours.  That way, a station in the Midwest has a chance to
catch up with BIG RATE USA runs for a longer time.  I also think that
there would be less DXpedtion activity as it is already questionable to
go on a DXpedition when you aren't even a mult of any value.  Heck my
NV1 mult is worth as much as D4.

I really like WPX.  Sorry I missed WPX SSB for the first time in 6 years
by being on Spratly.  I will be going for a repeat LP USA win in CW!

73

Ed  N1UR/NV1N      NV1N is the club callsign of SB Electronics, the make
of the Orange Drop Film Capacitor and other innovative capacitor
technologies.