[CQ-Contest] From the CQ WW CC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] From the CQ WW CC
From: "Bob Cox" <bobk3est@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:18:04 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Over the past few days, as CQWW SSB logs and UBN reports have become
available, several people have found and reported errors of various
types. The CQWW Contest Committee greatly appreciates your
feedback...it helps us fix things and continuously improve the quality
of the adjudication process.

This has been a major transition year for the CQWW log-checking
process, including new personnel, new software, etc. We've made a lot
of improvements to the log-checking process; some of these are visible
(for example, the new look and improved readability of the UBN
reports), and there are many other "behind-the scenes" improvements.

As with any major transition, there were a few bugs in the process. We
caught and fixed a large number of these bugs before posting the logs and
UBN reports, and we are working to fix the few that got through.
Issues like the erroneous callsigns "UN7MMMM, "JJJ2CJB" and a few others
creeping into the database (through errors in the initial submission)
slipped past us. While some logs have received unjustified score reductions,
as far as we can determine, it is unlikely that any of these errors have
changed the outcome of the contest, the order of finish or certificate winners.
If these errors have impacted your score such that your placement in
the results has changed, resulting in an award, please let me know.

The SSB results have already been published. We hope you enjoy reading
the results.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this transition, and for
your support of the CQ WW DX Contest.

Through your welcomed input, we are working to reduce any problems.
If something comes to your attention, you can write
to questions@cqww.com. You can expect an answer within a few days or sooner.

73,

Bob, K3EST
CQ WW Director