Re: [CQ-Contest] The contest is over

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The contest is over
From: "Zack Widup" <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:50:12 -0600
Don't assume that someone calling someone else a minute after the contest is
trying to make a contest QSO.  I think I sent an e-mail earlier outlining my
attempt to work a station signing XX9A a minute after the contest was over.
I just wanted a QSO, not a contest QSO, as XX9 would've been a new one for
me on 40 CW.

However, people were jumping all over me (on top of the DX) saying "contest
over." I KNEW the contest was over and tried to tell them I just wanted a
regular QSO but they didn't listen (they also didn't send their callsigns).
No one here answered my questions about whether they heard this station
anyway, and I suspect now it was a pirate.

Oh well ...

73, Zack W9SZ