Re: [CQ-Contest] Signal report

To: <alorona@sbcglobal.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Signal report
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:14:52 -0000

> What is the purpose of the signal report in the exchange for the ARRL 160m
> contest?

It's not a signal report.  It's a "catch your breath place marker" to signal
the next thing you hear will be their ARRL section.

In CQWW it's there to alert you to visually confirm that they send the same
zone number that your software already knew they were going to send.  (If
they don't send what your software expected, insinuate that they're idiots
on "CQ-CONTEST" after the contest ends.)

Question for the "committees".  If I send a true signal report, and include
it in my CABRILLO log, will you hit them for a busted QSO if their log shows
something else?

If not, why not?

73, de Hans, K0HB