Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX FAQ - Single op off times

To: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX FAQ - Single op off times
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:47:05 -0400
To:  <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject:  Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Times
From:  "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date:  Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:20:55 -0000
Sorry John, but the rules require you to take a 30 or more minute off time.
Not a 29 or 28 or 27 minute off time.  If they allowed you to take shorter
off times and then chop the extra minutes off the end of your log, it
wouldn't be fair to the guys who follow the rules.  (You might be gaining
QSOs at a time when the rate is good and then giving away minutes at the end
of the contest when rates are low.)
It would be useful to know the algorithm the log checking program uses for
NAQP. Tree has a very specific way he handles off times for the Sweepstakes
and once you know what it is, there should never be a problem with taking
enough time.  (See the accuracy sidebar in the online SS CW results for an
explanation).
Claiming a mistake in the heat of battle doesn't cut it with me.  You are on
an off time so should not yet be joined!
Randy, K5ZD