[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@hosted01.westnet.com.au>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: "VK4TI" <vk4ti@wia.org.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:19:35 +1000
During the WPX SSB on forty metres I noticed getting through the european wall
was tough from VK...tuning across the band I came across a very strong EU
station calling CQ contest for him and an antipodean station (someone
downunder) ie CQ CONTEST XX1XX and ZZ1ZZ on the same frequency.....basically
operating as a way of opening the band for the other station.....so basically
as a team they channeled contacts from either end to each other...

is this in the spirit of the contest or in fact contesting in general..?

Essentially we could setup a remote station in the US EU ASIA and chanel
contacts to our main station...or is that already going on and deemed OK..

Trent VK4TI