[CQ-Contest] ARI Contest - TODAY

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARI Contest - TODAY
From: IK1HJS <ik1hjs@email.it>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 15:16:10 +0200
As Steve ZC4LI announced Ari International Dx Contest's kick off is 2000z on
Saturday the 2nd of May: THAT'S TODAY !

There are plenty of categories - CW,SSB,RTTY,MIXED.

*You must pass just rst + your serial number !*

See the ARI website for the rules.http://www.qsl.net/contest_ari/  click on the
flag of your language !

Here you have the english version .

*Aim*   It is a world-wide competition: everybody can work everybody.
*Date and time*

The contest will be held on each first full week-end of May from 2000z
Saturday till 1959z Sunday. Dates for the next years are:

    *

      *2009 = May 2 - 3*

    *

      2010 = May 1 - 2

*Categories*

Single Operator - CW

Single Operator - SSB

Single Operator - RTTY

Single Operator - Mixed

Multi Operator - Single TX - Mixed

SWL - Single Operator - Mixed

*Bands*

Bands from 10m thru 160m (RTTY: 10m thru 80m), except WARC bands, are
allowed according to IARU Band Plans. Band *AND MODE* can be changed
only after 10 minutes you have been on it (only Multi Operators).

*Exchange*

Italian stations will send RST and two letters to identify their
province. Other stations will send RST and a serial number from 001. The
serial number will *NOT*restart from 001 on each band/mode.

*Multipliers*

    *

      each Italian province (110) count 1 (one) multiplier,

    *

      each DXCC country (except I & IS0) count 1 (one) multiplier.

The same multiplier (country/province) can be counted once and only once
for band.

The 110 Italian provinces (by call-area) are:

    *

      *I1*: AL, AT, BI, CN, GE, IM, NO, SP, SV, TO, VB, VC.

    *

      *IX1*: AO.

    *

      *I2*: BG, BS, CO, CR, LC, LO, MB, MI, MN, PV, SO, VA.

    *

      *I3*: BL, PD, RO, TV, VE, VR, VI.

    *

      *IN3*: BZ, TN.

    *

      *IV3*: GO, PN, TS, UD.

    *

      *I4*: BO, FE, FC, MO, PR, PC, RA, RE, RN.

    *

      *I5*: AR, FI, GR, LI, LU, MS, PI, PO, PT, SI.

    *

      *I6*: AN, AP, AQ, CH, FM, MC, PS (or PU), PE, TE.

    *

      *I7*: BA, BR, BT, FG, LE, MT, TA.

    *

      *I8*: AV, BN, CB, CE, CZ, CS, IS, KR, NA, PZ, RC, SA, VV.

    *

      *I0*: FR, LT, PG, RI, RM (or ROMA), TR, VT.

    *

      *IT9*: CL, CT, EN, ME, PA, RG, SR, TP, AG.

    *

      *IS0*: CA, CI, NU, OG, OR, OT, SS, VS.

*QSO/Points*

    *

      QSO/HRD with own country counts 0 (zero) point but is good for the
      multipliers credit.

    *

      QSO/HRD with own continent counts 1 (one) point,

    *

      QSO/HRD with different continent counts 3 (three) points,

    *

      QSO/HRD with any Italian (I & IS0) station counts 10 (ten) points.

The same station can be contacted on the same band once on SSB/CW/RTTY
but only the first QSO is good for multipliers credit.

*PLEASE REMEMBER* that I (Italy) and IS0 (Sardinia Island)
are *NOT* country-multipliers.

*Final score*

The sum of QSO/points from all bands times the sum of multipliers from
all bands.

*SWL Stations*

Listeners are required to log the callsigns of both the station heard
and the correspondent station. Score is calculated based only upon the
station heard using the same rules as transmitting stations. A callsign
may not appear more than 3 (three) times per band as a correspondent
regardless of mode. SWLs MUST log no more than 1 (one) QSO on each line
of their log.

*Log*

    *

      *E-mail logs*. Cabrillo format is highly recommended.
      Alternatively, logs in ASCII format (or as attached files) may be
      sent via e-mail addressed
      to *aricontest *--at-* kkn *--dot-* net*. Use your call and
      category in the Subject of message. You will receive an
      acknowledgement of receipt of your log within 48 hours.

    *

      *Logs on CD or floppy disk* are really very welcome and accepted
      in substitution of e-mail logs. Please send us your log on
      diskette. Accepted formats are N6TR, K1EA, EI5DI, UA1AAF, WF1B,
      OH2GI, DL4RCK, N1MM Cabrillo as well as the old MS/DOS software
      distributed FREE of cost from the Contest Committee. A printed
      summary sheet must always be enclosed if a format different from
      Cabrillo will be used. *We ask Cabrillo logs as your first choice!*

    *

      *Paper logs*: separate logs are necessary for each band. Logs must
      show all the QSOs data. A summary sheet is required showing all
      the scoring details, class of entry, name, callsign, full address
      of the applicant, callsign of other operators and a signed
      declaration. Paper Logs must be mailed within 30 days from the end
      of the contest and addressed to *A.R.I. Contest Manager, c/o ARI,
      Via D. Scarlatti 31, 20124 Milano (MI) Italy*.

*Penalties and disqualifications*

Logs will be carefully checked by the Contest Committee and mistakes may
cause a score reduction. Disqualification may apply for:

    *

      excessive number of unmarked duplicates (more than 2%),

    *

      violation of the "10 minutes rule" (either for band and mode),

    *

      excessive declared score,

    *

      log without the summary sheet.

Instead to disqualify a log, the Committee may decide to penalize it by
erasing a percentage of its score.

*Awards*        A plaque with a certificate will be awarded to the top scoring
station in each class. Special plaques can be awarded by the Contest
Committee if country/continental/call-area participation will justify
the decision. A certificate will be awarded to No. 2, 3, 4, 5 top
scoring stations in each class as well as to the top scoring stations in
each country in each class.
*Free software*

Several programs manage ARI DX Contest and you can find a list at
<*http://www.qsl.net/contest_ari <http://www.qsl.net/ari_contest>*>,
together with a lot of informations about our contest.

73  de Carlo IK1HJS