Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting age and lifespan

To: "Robert L. Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting age and lifespan
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:16:27 +0000
That's why Medicare is going broke.  When LBJ started Medicare
(eligibility age = 65) the average life expectancy was 64.  Congress, in
its infinite foresight, forgot to index it with future life expectancy.

On another note, next Friday I leave for TA, then LZ, to captain the
first-ever US High Speed Telegraphy team's participation in the HST
world championships.  Team members include W2UP, W5ZL, NE3X (ex NV1P),
K3ODY (son of NE3X), KE7OPG, and Brana (OPG's daughter).  We almost had
2 young contesters join us (KU5B and K0DXC) but school commitments
prevented them from participating.  Results will be posted at
http://hst2009.eu
Wish us didahdidit dididah dahdidahdit dahdidah.
Barry W2UP

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Lakewood, CO