[CQ-Contest] FW: Mystery HAL FYO-type Iambic Paddle

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: Mystery HAL FYO-type Iambic Paddle
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:51:37 -0400
I'm about to sell off four of my iambic paddles: two HAL FYO, one Hamco
Trinidad, and one
mystery FYO-type paddle that someone here might help to identify. No one tries
more CW
paddles than contesters!

I have two HAL FYO paddles (one with buttons which I bought new (even have the
manual for
that one!), and another without buttons), and a "mystery FYO-type", which has a
matching
base, paddles, and fixtures to the HAL paddles, but a difference in the pivot
section
making it "fly-apart proof". It has the same "fit-and-finish" and feel as the
HAL FYO
paddles.

I've heard about the Teletek FYO-type iambic paddle produced about the same
time as the
HAL FYO, but have been unable to find a photo of it. Teletek apparently sold
their design
to Bencher, to become the BY-1 series. I'm wondering if this is one of those
Teletek
paddles. There are no markings on the paddle.

Photos (HAL FYO for comparison) are at:

HAL FYO:     http://www.k8nd.com/HAL_FYO_Num1_5923.jpg

Mystery FYO: http://www.k8nd.com/Mystery_FYO_5897.jpg
             http://www.k8nd.com/Mystery_FYO_5904.jpg
             http://www.k8nd.com/Mystery_FYO_5905.jpg

Note the extra ring at the front of the "Mystery FYO" paddle, which prevents
the launching
of the paddles and the spring.

Any ideas what it is?

Off-list replies, please.