[CQ-Contest] Followup: Mystery HAL FYO-type Iambic Paddle

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Followup: Mystery HAL FYO-type Iambic Paddle
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:15:39 -0400
Thanks for all of the replies to my inquires on my
FYO-type "Mystery Paddle"!
(http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/CQ-Contest/2009-09/msg00127.html)

I even found repair parts for my broken paddle and bent
paddle arms!

No conclusions (although some theories) on the origin
of my "Mystery Paddle". I'm learning that a lot of
folks are interested in the iambic FYO-type paddles,
from Joe Hills' (W8FYO) originals, through HAL FYO,
HAMCO, Teletek, Vibroplex, and Bencher. There's a lot
of history associated with Joe Hills' patented
(#3,166,638) design!

Not for sale yet, but here are some more photos of
the herd here. Forgive the dust and dirt - I blew dust
off of the paddles, but haven't cleaned them yet.

Photo comparing the "Mystery Paddle" with HAL FYO s/n 202:
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Compare_Mystery_&_HAL_FYO_202_5943.jpg

"Mystery Paddle" FYO-Type Iambic (one broken paddle)
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Mystery_FYO_oblique_5897.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Mystery_FYO_FrontRing_5947.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Mystery_FYO_top_5904.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Mystery_FYO_bottom_5905.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Mystery_FYO_paddle_5889.jpg

HAL FYO #1 Iambic with Pushbuttons (s/n 327)
I bought this paddle new from HAL, and have the original
HAL manual.
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_1_oblique_5923.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_1_top_5926.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_1_bottom_5930.jpg

HAL FYO #2 Iambic (Serial number #202 matches HAL 2550 Keyer)
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_2_oblique_5910.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_2_top_5917.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/HAL_FYO_2_bottom_5918.jpg

HAL 2550 Keyer (Serial number #202) matches HAL FYO #2 Paddle)
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Keyer_HAL2550_front_5860.jpg
http://www.k8nd.com/radio/paddles/Keyer_HAL2550_back_5863.jpg

Thanks all!

73,  Jeff  K8ND