Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single Band Change Rule

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single Band Change Rule
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:30:17 -0700
Hi All,

Maybe it's just me but......

When I see Multi-Single, my mind tells me that that class **should** be one
where you have more than one operator and only one Tx.  My mind keeps
telling me that somewhere in the distant past that was what it was but I
could be wrong on that!

If you want to split up the operating time with some other people but just
use one rig, what class do you enter?  M/S sounds, on the surface, like
that's the one!  Then you read the rules and find that there is nothing
"Single" about it.  Multi Ops and Multi Rigs.

Where's the single????

After all, a SO can't use more than one rig unless they enter SO2R.

Where's the consistency?

Seems to me that anything using more than one Tx and more than one Op should
need to be in some Multi-Multi class.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M