Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:12:24 -0000
This might be a reason as to why self spotting might be a better way to go.
Only allow self spots once per hour or once per band change; whatever. I'm
sure the software can be configured to reject any duplicate spots and
regulate how often a spot is posted. It seems that since spotting is a way
of life for some folks in contesting now, it may as well be a pro-active
facet instead of relying on others to get your info correct. It would
certainly clear up bad spots, false spots, cheerleading, etc; unless you
can't type in your own callsign correctly.

Thanks -- Paul VO1HE