Re: [CQ-Contest] public logs (there are no secrets)

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] public logs (there are no secrets)
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:04:42 -0700
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>wrote:

Mandating public Open Logs is forcing me to do so, without any choice
> whatsoever on my part.

Actually not.  I gently suggest that if you don't want your log made public,
then don't submit it.  You are not forced to submit.  You do have a choice.
If you want to play and be recognized in a contest, then you have to follow
the rules for that contest.  There are plenty of contests that don't make
logs public.  Enter and submit for those contests.  Or you can create and
sponsor your own brand-new CQWW or WPX with no public logs.  No one is
forcing you to do anything.  Your choice.  You decide.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light