Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap
From: vk4ti@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:19:11 -0700 (PDT)
PROGRESSIVE . . . with knowledge abreast of science, well-built and efficient
station and operation above reproach. - radio amateurs code from 1928..
Without CW decoders over 50% of the cannon fodder that makes up contest QSO's
would not exist and without mandatory CW testing that number will rise..
We are having an ongoing clash between what is "historic" and ethical under
todays technology..
You will notice that the majority of the Asian contests allow Skimmer ,
spotting etc etc - are we in danger of becoming a relic of the past - clutching
on to what was once great...??
I applaud K3LR's use of Skimmer technology in the server format and the great
work by Pete Smith with the Reverse Beacon Network- what I am disappointed by
is that Skimmer is the forefront and searching the internet there are NO
challengers to it and the technology of Skimmer is 5 years old now..and we are
still having problems with it...SKIMMER WILL WORK WITH WINDOWS 98 !!!
 Writelog's CW decoder would have to be ten years old -works pretty good
actually but again no upgrades -
My software ability is not good enough to progress it further but I
really believe great CW decoders will keep CW on the bands when we are all
pushing up daisies..
Trent VK4TI