Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Exchange
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 02:27:44 -0800
FWIW here's what I do.

I program the TU QRZ macro to send TU VE7FO TEST.
If I have to send CQ several times between answers then I let the macro
finish.

If I'm getting one or two calls after completing a Q I truncate the
macro to TU VE7FO by hitting the ESC key before TEST gets sent.  Those
who are waiting to call me know that I'm in the contest and that I'm
running.  Those who happen by have to wait for 1 cycle (15 - 20 seconds
with good ops at each end and decent cndx) to figure out that I'm
running.  That's fine by me as I'd rather have two stations calling me
at the same time than three.

If I've got a pileup I truncate the macro to TU by hitting the ESC key
at the appropriate time.  After doing this for 3 Qs I truncate the macro
to TU VE7FO so folks who have arrived in the last 60 seconds or so will
find out who I am.  I personally feel that not announcing your call at
least once every 3 Qs is grossly inconsiderate and arrogant.

73, Jim VE7FO