Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted spots in ARRL CW

To: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted spots in ARRL CW
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:28:48 -0700
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net> wrote:

> I received quite negative reaction on my 3830 report.
> Before I go any further, I would like to know the opinion of the respected
> public on the following:
>
>  14020.9  5I3CC       19-Feb-2011 2340Z
>  <VE7FKM>

The "correct" spotter call should have been VE7KFM.  He and KZ8O have
been having a running battle on 14.275 for years, neither one is a
contester.  I believe there is a 3-land station involved also.  Do a
google search for either of those calls.

One of them will often call CQ (no contest QSOs) listening up split on
20 SSB.  I think it's a tape recording on a loop.

People like these give hams a bad name.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us