Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the Cluster losing its Luster

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the Cluster losing its Luster
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:26:39 -0700
I used my cluster W0MU-1, w0mu.net, shameless plug .  Keep in mind that
most clusters are all tied together so one bad spot will propagate to
nearly every other spot outlet available.  I have used the RBN and have
a skimmer receiver, not currently hooked up.  The skimmer work pretty
well but does not always catch all the goings on as they generally have
lesser antennas.  The Spot network might key you in to propagation
changes or possible openings that might come your way or when you might
expect 10m to pop.

More and more people are trying cw and I suspect many are using code
readers in one shape or another.  With this in mind I would expect to
see some copying issues.  I also believe that some mistakes are not
mistakes at all but seeds planted to catch folks claiming unassisted or
being sent for other malicious reasons.

It is up to the op to make sure that they copy the spotted stations call
before hitting the enter key.

Mike W0MU